Evening time is the most special time we can give it to our self. Unlike morning where we are in hurry to prepare breakfast, packing lunch box, getting ready for work and oh! oh! oh! so much work 🙁 And so i love evenings sitting in the balcony gazing at the slow fading sun munching some yummy snacks with a cup of tea. And here’s one super yummy and quick recipe to add more joy to your evenings. Also there are many more benefits of this lovely snack besides being tasty 😉 I am talking about khaman Dhokla!
This is Gujrat’s most favorite dish and loved all over the world. If you already know Dhokla then read below some amazing things of the recipe and be a proud cook. Dhokla is very quick and easy to make, so don’t faint away if you are naive.
Health Benefits Of Dhokla
- Oil content in the recipe is very low, as it is steamed, not fried. So it is a completely low fat recipe.
- Fermentation of the gram flour increases the nutritive value also makes it more fibre rich.
- Made up of chickpea flour, its high in proteins which are the most essential and important of the nutrients for our body.
- Research says that fermented foods are good in fat reduction as they increases the metabolism while reducing the food cravings.
Gram flour(Besan) – 200 grams (1 cup)
Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
Salt – Add to taste(1 tsp)
Green chilly and Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp (2 lemons)
Eno salt – 1 tsp( or you can use Baking soda)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Green chilies – 3 to 4 (slit into 2)
Salt – 1/4 tsp(as per taste)
Green coriander – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl, take gram flour, turmeric powder and add little water at a time slowly mixing, forming the thick consistency lump free mixture.
- Set aside this mixture after covering it for half an hour and let it ferment.
- Now its time to make the vessel ready for steaming. Take idli cooker, pour a glass of water place it stove.
- Place the stand in the cooker so that you can put the dhokla tray on it and heat the vessel covered with a lid.
- Grease the tray with oil in which we are going to steam Dhokla.
- After 30 mins our mixture is well fermented, now add salt,green chilly and ginger paste, lemon juice and mix it well.
- Finally add ENO (fruit salt) to the mix and mix again, once the bubbles appear on the surface of mixture, immediately pour it into the greased tray.
- And place the tray on the stand in the heated cooker, cover it with a lid and cook on high fame for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, switch off the stove and let it cool for sometime. Loosen the dhokla from the vessel corners using the knife.
- Overturn the dhokla into another plate and cut into pieces.
- Take oil in a small pan and heat it. Add mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds crackle, add green chilies.
- Now add half cup water, sugar and salt and let the water boil for 2 mins.
- Our tadka is ready, spread this tadka on the dhokla evenly.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve it with tangy Tomato ketchup.
This mouth watering snack takes no time and is great for health. Do give it a try and let me know if you liked it 🙂
You may also love to read
Skin care ideas – http://venusbeauties.com/category/skin-care
Hair care tips – http://venusbeauties.com/category/hair-care
DIY Nail art ideas – http://venusbeauties.com/category/nail-art-henna