Protein Packed Avocado And Chickpea Salad
Here’s a beautiful salad recipe, protein packed and low in calories. If you are trying hard to shed your extra calories, then you must definitely give this a try! It’s not only keeps you feeling full but only a great treat for your tongue. Fresh crisp veggies, creamy Avocado, tangy tomatoes and little sour and little spicy dressing makes it so colorful and so delicious.
Avocados are high in proteins, healthy fats, and fiber. They also have vitamins and minerals which makes them super food. Chickpeas are also packed with proteins and fiber, which helps in weight loss. This salad won’t restrict you from adding any veggies, you can freely add your favorite veggies or skip ones you won’t take.
I like having fresh Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Carrots, and red Onion which are super stores for vitamins and minerals. You can also add some tofu cubes which also goes well with this salad. Now you know it’s health benefits, let’s get straight to the recipe ☺.
Ingredients -Protein Packed Avocado And Chickpea Salad
- 1 Avocado cut in cubes
- 1 cup pressure cooked Chickpeas (or you can even use canned ones which are readily available in market)
- 1/4 sliced red Onion
- 1 Cup Tomatoes diced.
- 1.5 cup sliced Cucumbers
- Carrots sliced 1 cup
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro or Coriander.
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 tsp mix of salt and pepper-chili flakes
- Get your cut, diced and sliced veggies in a mixing bowl.
- Cut Avocado and add it in bowl.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over Avocado to prevent them from turning brown.
- In a bottle, take the dressing -ingredients, close the lid, shake it up.
- Drizzle the dressing over. Give it a toss.
- Have it when prepared fresh or you can refrigerate to munch on later, I like it chilled.
- This gives 4 servings.
Tip– Avocados should be ripe, but not too mushy as they spoil the fun. Also unripe avocados can taste bitter. So while choosing an avocado check, if it’s not too hard or not too soft.