Healthy, Creamy And Delicious Overnight Oats
Heard of Overnight Oats? Many of us just turn away just listening to this name – Oats. Ya! Coz its so boring and tasteless. Spending time and energy to cook something really uncool? Trust me! This is not the case here. Let me just just give you all a quick intro of it. Overnight oats need NO COOKING, so chill, and its damn yummy. Its very simple- just rolled oats soaked in milk and yogurt with few healthy add-ons chilled overnight.
If you are calorie conscious, love being fit and fab then you don’t have to suppress your sweets craving taste buds. This overnight oats is wonderful creamy toothsome healthy recipe. This recipe will definitely bring a relaxed smile on your face in the morning 😉 Coz your breakfast will be ready for you, as you wake up. Let the recipe do the talking, and we head on to the ingredients and preparation.
- 2 tbsp rolled Oats/Classic Oats
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt/Slim yogurt
- Dry fruits/Nuts of your choice- I love Almonds and Black Raisins
- 5-6 de seeded Dates
- 1 tsp Honey
- And fresh fruits(Apple/Pomegranate/Berries/Banana)
- A glass jar with lid to refrigerate overnight.
- Take a clean Glass jar with a wide mouth, we are not going to use different containers for preparation and storage. So, choose a jar which would make preparation go easy and you don’t mess up while eating.
- Add rolled oats to it. Then pour half a cup of milk, you can use any milk you like but I have used skimmed milk to cut down some calories.
- Now its time for chia seeds to get soaked in the added milk. Chia seeds absorbs milk and they get to gel like texture, bit chewy.
- On top of it just form a layer of Dates. Remove the seeds from dates or you get directly seed less dates and chop them to small pieces and layer it up.
- To make it creamy and more protein rich we are going to add two tbsp of Greek yogurt, with a tsp of honey to enrich the taste.
- To make it more power packed sprinkle few nuts and raisins.
- Put it in fridge overnight and let oats get soaked in liquids.
- And yeah! you the next morning your creamier tastier power packed oats are ready! You can either have it like that or add few fresh fruits and Berries.
Oats are high in fibre and are rich in minerals such as Magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Copper and Vitamin B1 and B5.
Oats are filling and they keep you away from junk food for long, helps in weight loss.
Yogurt is rich in proteins and calcium and gives you energy for a busy day.
Chia seeds are they wonder seeds they absorbs the liquid and become chewy these lil seeds are packed with multiple nutrients.
Chia seeds are easily digestible and rich in proteins, Omega 3 fatty acids, carbs and anti-oxidants.
In this recipe oats we do not cook Oats like in traditional recipes. Oats get soaked in liquids overnight. Infused in liquids Oats become rich and creamier. The toppings of nuts, raisins and berries make it taste soulfully scrumptious and wholesome breakfast. Give it a try and we would love to hear your take on this recipe from you.
You may also love to read
Skin care ideas – http://venusbeauties.com/category/skin-care
Hair care tips – http://venusbeauties.com/category/hair-care
DIY Nail art ideas – http://venusbeauties.com/category/nail-art-henna