Healthy And Tasty Thalipeeth Recipe
We all know how important it is to stay fit and keep a check on our weight with today’s busy lifestyle. Staying away from the junk food can be a little struggling! But on the other hand if we have some easy tasty and filling recipes then why would be tempted for junk food?
One such recipe I have in my today’s blog post Thalipeeth. It’s a Maharashtrian recipe and you will find it very filling and super tasty. Okay so why it is nutritious? It contains the power of five grains, crunchy nutritious veggies and requires very less oil. Super healthy right? So, let’s get to the recipe.
- (For making four medium sized Thalipeeth)
- Jowar flour 1 cup
- Rice flour 1 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour 2 tbsp
- Bajra flour 1/2 cup
- Gram flour 1 tbsp
- Green chilies 1-2
- Jeera/Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander 1 cup
- Onion 2 medium sized
- Oil (to grease the tawa) 2 tsp
- Veggies mix ( Capsicum/ cabbage/ carrot or leafy greens) as you like 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red powder 1 tsp
- Water to make the dough
- Butter paper
Preparation For Healthy And Tasty Thalipeeth Recipe
- Clean and finely chop coriander and veggies. If you don’t want to add any veggies, you can just go with onion and coriander and it tastes equally great.
- Finely chop the onions.
- In a big mixing bowl, add all the flours (jowar, wheat, Bajra, rice flour, gram flour).
- Add all the chopped veggies, turmeric powder ,red chilli powder, salt.
- Add a tsp of oil to the mix.
- Pour water little by little and mix them well.
- Just mix perfectly and form a dough not too soft, not too hard.
- Grease the butter paper with the brush.
- Make a small balls out of the dough just like we do it while making chapatis.
- On the butter paper pat the dough ball slowly, using our greased hands and make thin round Thalipeeth. Make a few holes in middle.
- Now grease the tawa and flip over the Thalipeeth on the heated tawa. Add a few drops of oil in those holes to help it cook properly.
- Let it get roasted golden brown and then flip over. Once it’s nice and golden brown, take it out in a plate.
- Serve it with fresh thick curd or any chutney.
So, here’s our crispy healthy and tasty Thalipeeth recipe. Do try out and let me know your views on this recipe! ☺