Green Moong Dal Instant Dosa/Chilla Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Here’s a super yummy instant dosa/ chilla recipe made with moong dal. It’s very healthy, loaded with proteins and dietary fiber and very tasty as well. It does not take long like regular dosa, no overnight fermentation required.
It’s a great option for breakfast or snacks for kids. If you are on diet plan for weight loss, then this protein rich recipe will absolutely fit in your diet plan, as its comparatively low in calories, and keeps you full for long. Serve it with red onion or green mint chutney or simply with tomato ketchup. Excited to know the recipe?! Let’s get started..
- 0.5 cup green moong dal/ green gram
- salt as per taste.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 small green chillies
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- Oil for drizzling on dosa
Instructions – Green Moong Dal Instant Dosa/Chilla Healthy Breakfast Recipe
- Wash and soak about.0.5cup of green gram in 2 cups of water.
- Keep it aside for 30 mins, the green gram will absorb the water and will be ready for batter.
- Drain off the excess water from soaked dal, put it into the mixer grinder jar.
- Add salt, cumin seeds, ginger, green chilli, coriander and curry leaves to the jar and grind the batter.
- The batter should be smooth and lump free.
- Take out the batter into another mixing bowl and add finely chopped onions, mix well.
- Heat the tawa, grease it with oil. Spread the batter into thin round dosa. Drizzle oil, keep it on medium heat.
- Once the dosa is nice golden brown, flip it and drizzle oil.
- Take it out into a plate and serve it with chutney or sauce.
Instant green gram dosa/ moong dal dosa is ready. It’s easy, quick and greatly delicious. Gives you energy boost to kick start your day..! Do give it a try and let me know your views on this recipe by commenting in the comments section.