Almond Milk Benefits And How To Prepare It At Home
Today’s post is on Almond milk, and it’s benefits, I will also share it’s super easy way of preparing it at home. I was never a fan of milk, I remember how I would make faces 😏just at glance of milk in childhood. But what turned me into a Almond milk freak😍 then?
So, here’s a small story of it I would love to share,(seriously!! a story?!🙃 😆). I was on complete vegan diet for a week (just for a week!!!!). One of my friend suggested this diet, for detox, so I wanted to give it a try! I had just a bowl of salad on the table for your lunch and dinner, with some boiled sprouts and nuts. But I strongly wanted something that would support me whole day, and that’s when I came to know about this wonderful Almond drink.
I tried it, and even though I was on this salad diet, I was enough energetic. It’s taste was great and creamy. It didn’t smell like typical regular milk and I loved it.And I decided to include this super milk in my daily diet. Let me share with you it’s benefits.
Benefits of Almond milk
- As you guys know that almonds are full of nutrients and amino acids and almond milk is prepared from almonds so get all these nutrients to your drink.
- Almond milk is also rich in vitamin, E and anti oxidants, so it a great way to supply these essential nutrients to your skin.
- It is also packed with calcium, so go make your bones stronger with it.
- Almond milk contains very few calories compared to regular cow milk and contains less amount of fats, so have it without worrying about fats.
- Its got lean proteins that will help you in building muscles.
These were its benefits in short. Now let’s get straight to its preparation.
All You Need To Make Almond Milk
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2 cups fresh filtered water
- Strainer with fine mesh
- Honey(optional) if you want to sweeten it.
- Soak the Almonds overnight, take almonds in a bowl and water, so that they get soaked.
- Next day, in a clean blender jar, add almonds and fresh water.
- Blend it for 2-3 mins, till you see nice creamy milk in the jar.
- Now strain this milk into a bowl using a clean fine mesh strainer. Press the residue with the spoon to extract some, more milk.
- Now you have your almond milk ready, you can either have it like that, or add some sweetener like honey, and have it chilled.
- The remaining grits or residue, you can use in smoothies, or top it over pan cakes.
[Skip it if you any allergy with( almonds) tree nuts].
So, I am totally enjoying this super creamy and yummy Almond milk, coz it’s got less calories and full of nutrients. Hope you guys enjoyed this blog post. Stay fit and fabulous, bye!