Flax seeds amazing beauty benefits for skin and hair
Flax seeds are wonderful super foods for skin and hair. They make your skin glow and fine lines disappear and make hair thick and strong. They have amazing nutrients in it which are important for skin and hair.
Flax seeds are small brownish golden colored seeds. They are high in Omega 3 fatty acids and is loaded with minerals like Manganese,Magnesium and Phosphorous. These seeds prove to be very beneficial for weight management. Flax seed oil is the oil extracted from these seeds and is very well known diet supplement.
When it comes to beauty benefits of Flax seeds, they are incomparable. Ladies across the world have used these seeds since ages because of their rich nutrients and deep nourishment for skin and hair.
Flax seeds benefits for hair
- Hair are made up of keratin which is a protein. And Flax seeds are rich source of protein as well.
- These seeds increases the hair elasticity and reduces hair fall.
- The Omega 3 fatty acids present in them stimulates hair growth.
- They are also rich source of Vitamin E which nourishes the hair and stop them from premature graying.
- Flax seed oil when applied to the scalp reduces itchiness and dandruff as well.
- They also seem to be effective in preventing split ends.
- Daily intake of it keep the scalp hydrated, nourished and hair thick and strong.
Hair growth gel using Flax seeds
Flax seeds gel is very effective remedy for hair growth. It is simple and easy and can be applied on daily basis. Using this gel at least twice a week is very much beneficial.
To make this gel we need
1.Organic Flax seeds 2-3 tbsp. (depending on hair length)
2.water 2 cups
3.Almond oil 1 tsp.
Take water in a pan and bring it to boil. Now add flax seeds to boiling water and keep it for 10-15 mins on low flame. Check for gel consistency of the mixture, if this is formed, then we are done! Strain the mixture and let it cool.
Or you can prepare it in microwave. In a heat proof bowl add flax seeds and water and microwave the mixture for about 5 mins. Make sure the bowl is large enough otherwise there is a possibility of the mixture overflow. Strain the mixture and let it cool.
Add few drops of pure Almond oil to this and apply it to hair and scalp. And you can store this gel in refrigerator for further use. Almonds are also rich in nutrients and help to deeply nourish the hair. You can rinse off the gel after an hour or two of application or can leave it overnight and wash it off next morning.
Flax seeds benefits for skin
- These wonderful seeds are proved to be beneficial in treating many skin problems. They have high amount of nutrient content which make the skin healthy and immune.
- Omega 3 in it reduces fine lines and wrinkles, when consumed on daily basis.
- These seeds are helpful in digestion process and flush out the toxins. The dietary fiber in these seeds prevents the pimples.
- They have high amount of anti-oxidants which make the skin appear young and beautiful.
- Vitamin E in it keeps the skin nourished and hydrated.
Flax seeds extreme hydrating moisturizer skin mask
These seeds make amazing skin mask. This mask deeply moisturizes the skin and keeps it hydrated.
To make this mask we need
1.Flax seeds 4 tbsp.
2.Water 2 cups
3.Aloe vera gel
Bring water to boil and add flax seeds and form a thick gel. Add Aloe Vera gel and mix it well. Apply it to body leave it for 15 mins and wash it off.
Flax seed gel when combined with rose water and makes wonderful face mist.
Flax seed oil when applied to body, deeply nourishes the skin.
Mix Flax seeds gel with honey to make another awesome skin mask.