How To Use Potato For Skin Problems
Everyone’s favorite veggie is- Potato! found in almost every kitchen. It does makes a variety of dishes! It is rich in vitamins such as Vitamin B, C. Minerals such as Iron, Potassium and Zinc.While it contains high amount of carbs and so, many fitness and beauty lovers avoid it.
The most amazing part is that its great for skin and hair when applied topically. Potatoes contains natural starch in high amounts and thus they have bleaching properties that whiten the skin, makes it more fair and glowing. If you have tried a tons of skin whitening products and were disappointed, then definitely give this a try! this might end your search 🙂
So, what are you waiting for? grab a potato or two and pamper your skin!
Beauty Benefits Of Potato
- Potato has high amount of starch and enzymes that brighten and whiten the skin.
- Anti-oxidants in it slows aging process and nutrients that help in building new skin cells.
- It acts as mild bleaching agent and reduces the appearance of acne and pimple marks and blemishes.
- Vitamin C present in it reduces the dark spots and firms the skin by boosting collagen production.
- It heals the skin and protects it from sun burn.
- The brightening properties of this veggies reduces the dark circles and puffiness of under eye area.
How to use Potato for Skin Problems
1. Potato slices
- Put half slice each on the under eye area to get rid of dark circles.
- Grab a fresh potato and peel it off. Cut into thick slices, and then make it half.
- Keep it for 10 mins and rinse off with cold water and refresh your eyes.
- Gently massage these slices over cheeks and forehead and let the juice sit on skin for 15 mins.
- Wash it off with water to get whiter skin.
2.Potato Pulp With Honey And Lemon
- Peel the potato and blend it to form smooth paste, add a tbsp of honey and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well. Apply it on clean face and neck area.
- Wait for 15 mins and rinse off with cold water.
- Your skin will be detoxified and cleared of all the dirt, dust, tan and you will notice a beautiful glowing skin.
- You can repeat this face pack twice a week.
3.Potato Juice And Cucumber juice
- Want to get rid of large pores and oily skin ? try this one!
- Peel off the potato and cucumber, cut into slices and then blend them to smooth paste.
- Strain the mixture to extract the juice out of it. You can apply this juice over your clean face using cotton ball, apply two or three coats of this juice over your face and neck.
- Let it stay for half an hour, and the wash it off.
- This wonderful juice refreshes your skin naturally, takes away all the dirt from the skin.
- It maintains the perfect pH balance and soothes the skin.
- “OMG!! Pimple on my cheek!!” if you are the who freaks out whenever you sight a pimple on face. Then this is the one you should try out.
- Blend out the fresh potatoes and extract the juice from them.
- You can apply this fresh juice daily for a week and he pimple along with its marks is gone!
- Another alternative is to mix gram flour or Multani mitti and apply it as a face pack for additional beauty benefits.
5.Potato And Egg White
- Mix egg white and potato juice in equal ratio. Mix them well and using a brush apply evenly on face and neck.
- This pack is great for fine lines and wrinkles. It not only reduces the wrinkles but also acts as anti-aging agent.
6.Potatoes and coconut milk
- Mix potato juice with coconut milk and use it as a hair cleanser. It nourishes the scalp and hair deeply.
- It turns the lifeless hair bouncy and voluminous.
- Want to get manageable shiny strong hair in minutes? Peel 3-4 potatoes, boil them for 10 mins.
- Let the water cool for sometime, use this lukewarm water on your hair before shampoo.
You may also enjoy
Skin care ideas – http://venusbeauties.com/category/skin-care
Hair care tips – http://venusbeauties.com/category/hair-care
DIY Nail art ideas – http://venusbeauties.com/category/nail-art-henna